[K4RY] Updated Info: AUARC License Exams 11/14 and Fox Hunt 11/21

Remington Harrison rch0012 at auburn.edu
Wed Nov 13 14:25:22 CST 2019

Hi everyone!

Due to bad weather tomorrow evening, we are switching the fox hunt and license exams days. License exams tomorrow, fox hunt and another license exam session next week. Details are below.

The Auburn University Amateur Radio Club (AUARC) will offer the radio license exams Thursday 11/14 at 5:00 PM in Broun 125.  This is a great opportunity to get your first technician license or upgrade to general or extra! If you are looking to take an exam, please let us know via email by noon tomorrow 11/14. Please bring $15 cash, a calculator, photo ID, your SSN, and pencils to complete the license exams.

AUARC will be hosting a ham radio Fox Hunt this Thursday evening 11/21 at 6:00 PM in Broun 125. We will have a low power transmitter hidden somewhere on campus, and we will have teams locate it using various radio direction finding techniques. No amateur radio experience is necessary, and we will provide all of the equipment that you will need. We will also host a second license exam session starting at 5:00 PM on 11/21 before the fox hunt for anyone unable to make it this Thursday. Again, please let us know if you plan to come.

If you are looking to take the license exams and cannot make either of the times above, we can schedule an exam for a different time. Please reach out via email and we can set something up for you.

Thanks! Sorry for any confusion and inconvenience this may cause.

-R. Chase Harrison
chase at auburn.edu
K4RY President