[K4RY] AUARC License Exam Session and Fox Hunt this Thursday

Remington Harrison rch0012 at auburn.edu
Tue Nov 19 11:55:42 CST 2019

The Auburn University Amateur Radio Club will be hosting a ham radio Fox Hunt this Thursday evening 11/21 at 6:00 PM in Broun 125. We will have a low power transmitter hidden somewhere on campus, and we will have teams locate it using various radio direction finding techniques. No amateur radio experience is necessary, and we will provide all of the equipment that you will need. Everyone is invited to join us!

We will also host a ham radio license exam session starting at 5:00 PM on 11/21 before the fox hunt. This is a great opportunity to get your first technician license or upgrade to general or extra! If you are looking to take an exam, please let us know via email by noon on Thursday 11/21 so that we can make sure we have test materials for you. Please bring $15 cash, a calculator, photo ID, your SSN, and pencils to complete the license exams. A good website for some study materials and practice tests is hamstudy.org.

If you are looking to take the license exams and cannot make it Thursday, we can schedule an exam for a different time. Please reach out via email and we can set something up for you.

Thanks, and see you Thursday!
-R. Chase Harrison
K4RY President