[K4RY] Meeting Tonight (4/23) at 6:30pm in Student Center 2109

Christopher Hathcock cwh0009 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Tue Apr 23 10:39:25 CDT 2013

As usual we'll be meeting at 6:00 pm if you'd like to join us for dinner and the meeting will start at 6:30 pm in the SC2109 conference room. I've put the updated constitution up on AUInvolve so you should all be able to access it. If you're not on AUInvolve yet, go to https://auburn.collegiatelink.net and setup our account, then join the club at https://auburn.collegiatelink.net/organization/auarc. This is how the Office of Student Involvement determines if we have enough people in our club to remain a campus organization so it's important that we keep it up to date.

I'd like to congratulate Alex, David, and Derek on getting their technician licenses last Tuesday and Nick on getting his general license. We hope to hear you on the air!

Today we will be discussing meeting times and setting up a calendar of events for next semester. We can start reserving conference rooms in the Student Center for meetings in the fall now, so we need to start that as soon as possible. We also need to talk a bit about echolink. I'm going to see if I can get a temporary echolink node setup over the summer so we can have a few nets over the summer that you can call into. In the fall we need to get up to the eagle's nest to setup a permanent echolink server as well as get the two repeaters linked so people borrowing radios for the 70cm repeater can get on the 2m net.

I'm also working on getting a new site setup. You can preview it here:
http://auburn.edu/~cwh0009/files/auarcdemo.html

If you know html or php and would be interested in getting the site working, let me know. Once we finish it we'll copy it over to the club's official webspace instead of running it off mine. The goal is to separate all the editable parts (photo galleries, meeting times, contact information) into separate files so future club members don't have to edit the site itself.

It's the last meeting of the semester so it'd be great if you all could make it. I know some of you may be studying for tests and exams so if you can't make it or can only stay for a little while then that's fine. We'll definitely make sure to email out the minutes so you know what time and where we're meeting next semester.

Chris Hathcock
ACES-Ag Helpdesk
(334) 844-9660