[K4RY] Old business items for the meeting today

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 21:53:22 CDT 2011

Hi Carey;

Having the iGate transmit is a regulatory concern.  There is a somewhat weak protection on the iGate server farm, so it is possible for non-hams to put traffic into the system that would end up out on the air without any control mechanisms.  This would be a problem for the station trustee.

I guess I can't see the rationale about 'broadcasting' a remote users location, since one can go on any of the internet sites that monitor the APRS servers and see the location.  Can you give me an example of how that would be useful?

Good to have traffic on the email reflector.  Thanks.
73

John...
WB4LNM