[K4RY] Old business items for the meeting today

Carey Huff huff360 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:29:42 CDT 2011

The list is always quiet - So I figure a discussion would do the mail server
some good!

What's the reasoning behind planning to make it receive only?  You lose some
features of an I-Gate that make them such a good asset.

In the past, the I-Gate that was on the old ETV tower was setup to always
output the calls of 'old hams' from the area.  Anyone that used to be a part
of the club would get their packet pulled off the net and broadcast in RF
there in town.  You could always see where I was as long as I was within
range of another I-Gate.  (I don't run APRS much anymore, so it's not a big
deal for me)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not fussing, just more of a question out of
curiosity.

Carey