[K4RY] K4RY replacement antenna has arrived

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Mon Nov 28 15:13:01 CST 2011

I am back from turkey day travel, and the dual-band Comet antenna for the roof of Broun Hall arrived in my absence.  I will bring it in on Wednesday to the meeting, and we can decide what is a good day and time to mount it.

Weather Underground shows a high temp of 47F for Wednesday, but it may be colder in January when school resumes!  Saturday and Sunday are predicted to be a much balmier 59F or 60F, although I don't know the roof access rules for weekends.  The early part of the week is also forecast to be warmer (, and installing antennas is a lot more fun than final exams!).

We may want to check the transmission line with a wattmeter and dummy load to insure it is working okay while installing the new antenna.  This will allow the FM voice radio in Broun 411 to work on both 2 meter and 440 repeaters, which we have not been able to do previously.

73

John...
WB4LNM