[K4RY] Meeting Wednesday, SEC Special Event this Saturday, and Future Plans

Kyle Owen antiquekid3 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 22:44:16 CST 2011

Hi all,

We will have one last meeting before school is out for the winter this
Wednesday, the 30th, at 1:00pm in the Student Center, room 2109. We
will be discussing plans for the 2m/70cm whip to be installed on the
roof of Broun, as well as future plans for the club.

I would love some input from other people as to what time to schedule
next semesters meetings. I am leaning towards Tuesday or Thursday any
time, as I won't have class. If anyone would like to throw in some
ideas for days and times, that would be very much appreciated.

This weekend is the SEC Special Event. The AUARC will be participating
(hopefully) under the call of W4E. I have already reserved the 1x1
with the ARRL but am still awaiting a response. I will start calling
them if I don't hear from them tomorrow.

For next semester, I would love to get some projects completed. Here
are some ideas I've had (in no specific order). We will need more
folks to help if we are to get any of these completed!
1. Remote HF/VHF/UHF station (as to avoid much of the on-campus QRM
from switching power supplies, etc.)
2. Setting up Ham Radio Deluxe in the Broun 411 shack
3. Making HRD remote over the internet
4. Linking the .24 repeater to EchoLink, as to provide new hams with
an instant way to get on the air
5. Helping out the Auburn High Altitude Balloon team more directly
6. Get more people involved!!

If anyone has any more ideas for the club, I would really love to hear
them. I will continue to support this club until I am no longer able,
but I would love to get some feedback from past and present members,
as well as local hams, so that we can continue to be an important
organization at Auburn University.

Thanks, and 73!

Kyle
KK4ANG