[K4RY] Low cost 2 meter handheld FM radio

WB4LNM at aol.com WB4LNM at aol.com
Sun Oct 10 23:13:08 CDT 2010

For those looking for an inexpensive 2 meter HT for use around campus, I
see the Alinco DJ175T on-line for about $95.  That's a pretty good price  for
a several watt HT with a DTMF keypad and CTCSS encoding.

I'm not a huge fan of Alinco, although I have a couple of their mobile
transceivers, but several have asked me recently about low cost ways of getting
 on the K4RY repeater.  This is one way.  Those who wish to spend a  little
more I believe can find similar Yaesu, Kenwood and Icom units for in the
US$120 to US$150 range.

If you do a Google search on "DJ175T", I'm sure you will find several
vendors who carry this radio to compare their prices and shipping costs.

73

John...
WB4LNM