[K4RY] AUARC: More info - Proposed Joint Special Event Project for SEC Clubs

wb4lnm at aol.com wb4lnm at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 08:34:23 CDT 2010

I hadn't looked it up for the earlier message, but this SEC University Amateur Radio Club event is on dead day.

Subject: Proposed Joint Special Event Project for SEC Clubs

Southeast Conference Amateur Radio Club
Special Event

The amateur radio clubs of the schools in the SEC will have a special event week promoting the SEC
and Collegiate Amateur Radio clubs.  We plan to have the event just prior to the SEC Championship
Football game.  The date will be December 4th and will run from  9:00 am to kickoff.  The school clubs
will include, AAUT University of Tennessee, W4DFU University of Florida, W5YD Mississippi State,
K5LSU Louisiana State University, W5UMS Ole Miss, K4RY Auburn, AA4VU Vanderbilt,
W5YM University of Arkansas and K4RYAuburn University.

The participating stations shall use their club call / SEC as designate for special event.  We shall
set up a home page on QRZ with details of the event.  Copies of station logs will be sent to a
central location to verify.  A certificate shall be awarded to any station that contacts all participating

SEC Club Stations. Individual participating Club Stations will send out their club QSL cards.

We shall request a SASE for QSL and $5.00 for a certificate.  No postage or envelope required
for certificate.

Each club should been on the air the day the event runs and keep an accurate log of their contacts.
The frequencies shall be around 7.250, 14.250 .