[K4RY] No Meeting Tonight + Tower Update

Remington Harrison rch0012 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Thu Sep 28 14:16:47 CDT 2017

Hi everyone,

We won't have a meeting tonight; I just have a few updates on the tower for you all.

Increasing the tower height to 40' is currently unfeasible due to us being unable to have adequate guying for it. Technically, the tower can be self-supporting up to 40' but that doesn't take into account the wind load of the antenna. Our Mosley beam derates our maximum height to about 20' (the current height anyway). We have investigated making new guy points on the roof for the tower but so far we have been unsuccessful in acquiring permission since the roof is brand new (making new points in the roof would void the warranty).

I will let everyone know if the situation changes, but for now we will keep the antenna at 20'.

Thanks, and have a good weekend!

-R. Chase Harrison KO4LA