[K4RY] Our Submitted SET Results

Mike Watkins watkijm at auburn.edu
Tue Jan 5 10:24:49 CST 2016

Greetings to ALL!

Here is our submission to the ARRL for our annual Simulated Emergency Test
that we conducted on Nov 18th, 2015.

ARES Activity: 393  Points
Net Activity: 148 Points
Total: 541 Points

That is a good score and not only that, if you remember, we conducted the SET
under real storm conditions! Thanks to all who participated and to our served
agencies that supported our mission.

I think that Alabama will take first place again this year, the fourth in a row, something
no state has ever done. WELL DONE TO ALL!

Some Stats from the SET:

3 NCS Stations: WX4AL (PRI and Dstar), N8JUC (AUNET), and KK4ICE (SKYWARN)

NTS Liaison: WB4BYQ

Participating Amateurs: 25   Bold Italics: Mobile stations:12     *New Hams since 2011: 8

WX4AL                      KK4ICE*       KO4LA*         KK4UWV*     W4GNU*

KI4BOW                     N8JUC            N6GIS            WB4BYQ        WX4MM

KJ4TLQ                     WX4CAP       WX4KAT       KK4PBC*      KI4VAE

N4MEA                      W4MTM         KI4PRF          KJ4TD            KI4PRE

KA4BKD                   K4DOG*        KM4AGD*     KI4TAY         KJ6NNJ*

Served Agencies: 9

Lee County EMA                   Lee County School Board      East AL Medical Center

Russell County EMA              Alabama State EMA               National Weather Service

AU Medical Clinic                  AU Public Safety                    Loachapoka VFD

Served Communities: 12

Opelika                        Auburn                        Auburn University      Beauregard

Salem                          Ft. Benning, GA         Smith's Station           Beulah

Five Points, AL           Valley, AL                  Phenix City, AL          Loachapoka, AL

Emergency Powered Repeaters:   4

147.060                       147.150                       147.240                       147.375 D-Star

Digital Modes: D-Star and APRS

Messages Passed:   30

SET Duration: 3 Hours

73,