[K4RY] G5400B Rotor Controller Not Working

Sharan Asundi asundi at mytu.tuskegee.edu
Wed Apr 27 18:42:47 CDT 2016

AU Radio Club,

This is Sharan Asundi from Tuskegee University. As you might be aware, we’ve recently set up our UHF/VHF station. Our antennas are mounted on top of the Yaesu G5400 AZ-EL rotor combination. The rotors seemed to be working fine until recently but now the rotor controller is unable to actuate either of the rotors. The issue started with the controller have glitches actuating the AZ rotor but now neither of them can be actuated. Any suggestion on troubleshooting the controller or further insight will be of great help.

Thanks,
--
Sharan Asundi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor