[K4RY] Did the antenna rotor get examined?

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:43:12 CDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 12:55 PM, John Melcher, Jr <n8jucinboca at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is it possible to tilt that tower?  Nobody mentioned it. There'd be a hand
> cranked winch.

​No, it is not a crank over.

There is a large metal plate on the roof, and the tower appears to only be
held in place by down-tension wires.  If there are studs or pipe sections
welded to the plate to keep the legs centered and to not slip sideways,
they are not obvious to my recollection.

It has been a while since I've been up there, but it isn't hard to walk out
on the roof.  ​This picture may give you an idea:

[image: Inline image 1]

This was the boom to mast clamp (and perhaps the thrust bearing) at one
point in the near past (on the time scale of the antenna installation), but
that may have been improved some since the picture was taken:

[image: Inline image 1]