[K4RY] Meeting tonight!

SueAnne Griffith sng0005 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Tue Nov 3 08:49:41 CST 2015

Good morning everybody!

Just a quick reminder that we'll have a meeting tonight at 18:00 in Broun 235.  Our "guest" speaker will be Chris Hathcock (KD2BRP), out club president.  He's been doing a great deal of research into the club's century of history, and he'll be sharing some of the interesting things he's learned.  Students from the Monday night technician exam course may be there, as well, so this is a good chance to welcome people newly interested in radio.

Also this week: the Simulated Emergency Test (SET) is this Friday from 13:00 to 16:00 in Lee County.  It's a combination preparedness drill and friendly competition, and Alabama has placed first in the nation for the past three years.  If we get tops this year, it will be the first time in the history of the SET that a state has won four years in a row.  All you'll have to do as a volunteer is head to a local fire station, hospital, etc., as assigned and operate mobile for a few minutes to answer questions about the location.

73,

SueAnne (KK4UWV)

AUARC Vice President