[K4RY] Weekend Radio Plans

SueAnne Griffith sng0005 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Fri Apr 17 11:27:23 CDT 2015

    First of all, thank you again to John Klingelhoeffer for presenting on AMSAT at last night's meeting!  It's always awesome to learn about new technologies in amateur radio.  Chris and I tracked a repeater satellite once last semester, and I'd definitely recommend trying it to anyone who hasn't yet.  Very cool stuff.

And now, some upcoming events:
        World Amateur Radio Day is this Saturday, but so is A-Day (and thus horrible on-campus parking).  There will be quite a few special event stations on air this weekend, including some from countries like India, Oman, and Bahrain that we don't often hear from. If you get the chance, it will be a great day to be on the air.
        Sunday is the SSB edition of the ARRL Rookie Roundup Contest. Everyone who has been licensed less than three years is welcome to compete from 13:00 to 18:59 Central time; non-rookies are encouraged to get on air to give contesters more people to contact. The full rules (and recommended frequencies) are on the ARRL website.

73,
SueAnne (KK4UWV)
AUARC Vice President