[K4RY] Meeting times and elections

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Wed Jan 8 20:11:15 CST 2014

Chris;

AUARC ought to consider and plan for operating HF in the biannual School Club Roundup from February 10-14.  This is far enough away so that the Club can plan for it, yet it does not run into spring break, mid-terms, etc.  The Club has a perfectly good HF station to compete in this, and you can invite potential hams in to operate and see one of the aspects of ham radio.

Last year, U Florida was top scorer as shown below, but all of their contacts were on phone, which is the easiest and best way to compete.  Looking back, Arizona State University has been a traditional winner, but also on voice.  Like the lottery, you gotta play to win!  The goal ought to be 1000 contacts, since most have been in the 800 to 900 QSO's in the past to win.  It's over a week, so the AUARC ought to be able to muster those contacts during the time.  "Field Day Rules" apply, so any class of licensee can operate, and any non-licensee can operate if a licensed operator is present.

Category: College/University

Call Used
School/Club
QTH
Score
Rank
CW/RTTY/Dig Qs
Phone Qs
US
VE
DX
Clubs
Schools

W4DFU
University of Florida
FL
260,640
1
0
905
47
5
36
5
38

K5UTD
University of Texas at Dallas ARC
TX
99,946
2
16
381
43
6
26
6
31

W9JWC
Bradley University Amateur Radio Club
IL
66,339
3
5
341
47
5
6
3
25

KB3CVD
University of Maryland Baltimore County
MD
48,960
4
54
164
44
2
31
4
19

N7ERU
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
AZ
46,460
5
40
380
30
4
30
1
7

W1KBN
Northeastern University
MA
37,995
6
0
255
37
4
6
1
20

K5LSU
Amateur Radio Society at Louisiana State University
LA
31,878
7
53
92
33
1
23
2
20

ON4HTI
STARCom
DX
28,800
8
119
62
27
3
35
3
5

W8SH
Michigan State University ARC
MI
23,769
9
0
171
30
2
2
0
21

W9YT
Badger Amateur Radio Society
WI
17,664
10
0
96
30
0
16
4
26

WD4EOG
Clemson University
SC
16,965
11
22
73
37
1
10
1
19

K4PCC
Pitt Community College Amateur Radio Club
NC
15,372
12
10
102
27
1
9
2
17

W7U
Willamette University Amateur Radio Group
OR
13,064
13
4
134
38
1
0
4
9

K0ESU
Emporia State Uiversity Amateur Radio Club
KS
11,433
14
0
111
31
0
3
2
13

W1YK
Worcester Polytechnic Institute Wireless Association
MA
3,599
15
0