[K4RY] AUARC Meeting Tonight

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Tue Feb 4 21:25:27 CST 2014

Hi folks;

If I may, let me comment on Chris's mention of the 'digipeater' operation.  The APRS 'digipeater' is nice, but really the minimum need is for the 2 meter receiver to feed APRS position reports into the internet as a gateway, or iGate as it is termed.  Repeating APRS signals via a 'digipeater' is just gravy.

I am guessing without other knowledge that the 2 meter radio is fine, the TNC (modem) is fine, and the antenna is fine, but there is something wrong with the PC in the K4RY shack.  We had purchased a nice dual band antenna and it was working very well on the roof of Broun last year.

What is needed to, "...get the computer back in operation."?  I'm no expert there.  You folks know a LOT more about computers and networking than I do.  Is this an AU IT network access control issue, a hardware problem with the PC, or a software problem?  It was working and working well.  What happened to change it from working well to not working at all?

John...
WB4LNM

PS  Sorry that I could not make the meeting as the notice was late.  If we are going to regularly meet on Tuesday evenings this semester, I'll put it back on the calendar.

I’d also like to try to get the computer back in operation. Eventually we’d like to get the digipeater working but I’d like to get it setup so  you guys can make some RTTY or PSK31 contacts during the contest or decode some SSTV images if you’re bored.