[K4RY] VEC - ARRL - Examiner

Zebediah Whitehead whitezw at auburn.edu
Wed Aug 27 08:16:16 CDT 2014

Anyone in the club who is at least a General can apply to become a volunteer examiner.
If we get at least 1 more general we can begin testing this fall or if we get two more extra's then we can test anyone (tech,gen,extra)
Here's how to do it…

Follow these three steps to become an ARRL Volunteer Examiner:

1.   Review the Volunteer Examiner Manual<http://www.arrl.org/files/file/VEs/VE%20Manual%20Web%20FINAL%202014.pdf>, paying special attention to
      Chapter 2: Becoming a Volunteer Examiner.

2.   Complete and sign the VE Application form and open-book review<http://www.arrl.org/files/file/VEs/Prospective%20VE%20pkg%202014.pdf> * <http://www.arrl.org/files/file/VEs/Prospective%20VE%20pkg%202011.pdf>
      (40 question review).

3.   Please fax, mail or email forms (Adobe PDF file or scanned
      JPEG image showing your real signature) to the address below: * *

      ARRL VEC [VE-patch1_1.jpg] <http://www.arrl.org/arrl-vec-ve-patches>
      225 Main St
      Newington, CT 06111  USA

      Fax: 860-594-0339

      Email: vec at arrl.org<mailto:vec at arrl.org>

Once accredited, you will receive in the mail a colorful, laminated VE badge,
and badge clip to wear at exam sessions and a certificate suitable for framing.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for the ARRL VE badge and certificate to arrive.

Link to manual for test booklet -->http://www.arrl.org/files/file/VEs/VE%20Manual%20Web%20FINAL%202014.pdf
Link to test --> http://www.arrl.org/files/file/VEs/Prospective%20VE%20pkg%202014.pdf

Zeb Whitehead
Head Flunky & Grunt