[K4RY] Meeting today 6:30 PM in 10/22 in Broun 235

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Tue Oct 22 21:49:40 CDT 2013

I hope everyone has a somewhat better understanding of big dollar DXpeditions after watching the DVD.  I looked online afterwards.  Each individual had to put in $10,000 just to go, and then had his own clothes, food, lodging and transportation to pay for.  The individuals in these pick up about two thirds of the cost, with the rest pay for by contributions from Clubs and manufacturers.  You can be assured that those $10,000 transceivers and $8,000 amplifiers and a lot of other gear was just donated from manufacturers.  It is good advertising for them.

73

John...
WB4LNM