[K4RY] Information on testing

Christopher Hathcock cwh0009 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Tue Oct 15 16:01:52 CDT 2013

I haven't heard back from Cheryl regarding testing in Auburn but if you're up in Atlanta, Georgia Tech offers test every fourth Sunday. There will also be testing next weekend at the Mini Maker Faire on Saturday. There will be a review session from 8AM to 3PM that covers all of the Technician class material and then offers a test immediately afterwards. If you'll be in Atlanta next weekend and don't have a license it's a good opportunity to learn everything and get your license. You can RSVP online<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tfULFe2MT1DKBL9_8sX9POAef5ScnEWFamwbDHvEzy8/viewform>. If you do not want to attend the class you can show up around 2:00. You do not need to RSVP for this but you do need to email me ahead of time. They will be offering testing for all license levels so if you want to upgrade your license you can do that. If you need to study you've still got about two weeks which is more than enough time to learn all the material for the Technician's license. If you plan on taking the General or Extra test you've still got time to study but not much.

For the test you will need a driver's license or other state issued ID, a calculator, a pen and pencil, $15 in either cash or a check made out to the Amateur Radio Relay League, and your original amateur radio license as well as a copy of it if you're going for an upgrade instead of a new license.

If you have any questions or want to take the text next weekend in Atlanta let me know by email before the 23rd.

Chris Hathcock