[K4RY] 10/15 Meeting Cancelled

Christopher Hathcock cwh0009 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Tue Oct 15 15:24:34 CDT 2013

Hey everyone. Unfortunately the parts for the upconverter aren't in yet (although they're on the way) and I don't have enough material to justify having everyone show up at 6:30 so there will not be a meeting tonight. Instead I'll email all the club business I have and then we'll pick up next week with either the upconverter project or John might be bringing in a DVD (in the second case, I'll see if we can reserve one of the lecture halls in Broun and we can fall back on the lecture hall in Comer).

SueAnne made a logo for AUARC. I'll show you guys it at the next meeting. If you want to see it now I'll just go ahead and upload it on AUInvolve since we don't have a logo right now.

The Mini Maker Faire is on 10/26 at Georgia Tech. Tickets are free. I'm still waiting on hearing back from their radio club but they will be offering testing for at least the Technician exam and they'll also have some kind of review session you can attend as well. The class is free and the testing session will be $15. I'll have more information for you next week if you would like to take the test and you need to RSVP by the 23.

I'm also writing up a proposal to see if the university will pay for some licensing manuals - I'm pretty sure they will since they specifically mentioned training and reference material at the presidents' meeting.

If you have anything you'd like put on the agenda for next week let me know and I'll bring it up. Have a good week!

Chris Hathcock