[K4RY] Meeting today in Broun 235 at 6:30pm (not 6:00)

Christopher Hathcock cwh0009 at tigermail.auburn.edu
Tue Oct 1 14:28:24 CDT 2013

I've gotten a response from most people in the club and it sounds like moving the meeting to 6:30 wouldn't hurt. Tonight's meeting will be at 6:30pm, not 6:00. I'll be in the building before 6:00 but the meeting won't start until 6:30, so you'll be sitting around for 30 minutes.

We'll try to have a short meeting today. We'll plan the next couple of presentations, discuss o-days again and see if anybody's schedule has opened up, and talk a little about the maker faire. Dr. Hung also suggested the possibility of doing a net or some kind of social event coinciding with a football game, possibly at a tailgate. He also suggested that we consider meeting with WEGL regarding their station and equipment. I haven't emailed them yet but I should have the email sent before tonight's meeting. I'm also contacting Georgia Tech to see if we can get people tested or check in on a net during the maker faire, and more generally I'd like to see if they're interested in talking on HF with some other college students.

Also this year is the 100th anniversary of wireless engineering on campus. On June 2, 1913, a transmission was sent to Thomas Edison from Broun Hall. We should do something to celebrate that. AUARC t-shirts might be cool.

Chris Hathcock