[K4RY] AUARC: Coverage map for K4RY 2 meter repeater

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Sat Nov 23 08:30:51 CST 2013

Hello all;

I have a reasonably good internet connection this morning, so I decided I'd model the coverage of the K4RY AUARC 2 meter repeater on Haley Center.  The results are attached as a JPEG and pretty much match my experience in the areas where I drive.  This model indicates where a mobile radio with a mobile antenna should be able to hear and activate the repeater.  The purple area is close to 'full quieting', and the yellow area is getting noisy.

I guessed at the height of Haley Center as 37.5 meters to the middle of the antenna.  If someone knows the real height of the penthouses on top of Haley, we can correct that, but it will likely make little difference.  Haley Center is in a very pronounced swale running off to the southwest from Toomers Corner, so that severely detracts from wide area coverage, although campus coverage is superb.

73 and Beat Bama

John...
WB4LNM