[K4RY] AUARC Meeting tonight in Student Center 2227

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Tue Apr 9 23:13:02 CDT 2013

For an overview of Echolink, please see:  http://www.echolink.org/tour.htm

I think the only thing we are missing to implement Echolink is a 2 meter transceiver with CTCSS (can be crystal controlled) and an audio / keying interface, which can be simply built.  I believe we have overcome the network security situation with PC's in the Broun Hall location.

Implementing Echolink would let those alumni (including me!) and others out of range of the 2 meter repeater to speak with other Club members in the campus area.  It would also allow hams on campus to speak around the world with just a simple, small handie talkie.  Should assist in getting some additional discussions going on 147.24.

73

John...
WB4LNM