[K4RY] Alinco DR-110 panel bulbs redux [a bit more]

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Tue Sep 11 20:56:38 CDT 2012

It is interesting when I look back at my email from 2 October 2010 about replacing these DR-110 panel bulbs, I see that I used 18 VDC bulbs rather than 14 (so I would 'never have to change them again'!).  Those should have really lasted 'forever', and much, much more than the 15000 hours or so they have on them.  Reducing the voltage to them from 18 to ~13.8 volts should have lengthened their lifetime by a factor of 16.  Something else may be wrong in there, or they really got a jolt of a lot more than 13 volts from the power supply.  This will be an interesting examination.

73

John...
WB4LNM