[K4RY] ARRL Membership and QST subscription

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 17:44:33 CDT 2011

I think I would be remiss if I did not suggest to all AUARC members to become a member of the ARRL and receive QST magazine.  I've been a member since 1968 and have carted my collection of QST magazines all over the country as solid technical and operational references.

A very good deal for university students is that you can join ARRL and get QST magazine for only about half the standard price that us old geezers have to pay.  It is just $20 a year if you are 21 years of age or less.  I have to pay $39 each year, although I will say it is certainly worth it.

For those that are technically inclined, there is also QEX magazine, also published by the ARRL, that is more of an experimenters journal.  I get that, too, and have done so since it started in the late 1990's, and have contributed with articles once or twice.

A link to this can be found at www.arrl.org, and then click on membership.  Look in the left column for 'membership levels', and then scroll down to 'youth'.

Well worth the price.  Wish they'd had a 'youth' level when I was < 21 !    73

John...
WB4LNM