[K4RY] AUARC: LIVE from Broun Hall 411 !

wb4lnm at aol.com wb4lnm at aol.com
Fri Oct 15 14:31:26 CDT 2010

 Thanks to Peter, KD5OCR, the 'old clunker' PC is now up and running in Broun 411.

We will still need to get Engineering / Campus IT to add it to their 'approved' list to operate, but it is now working.  For this message, it is using my Android phone as a tethered RF modem on 3G VerizonWireless.  After that, we will need to get the APRS iGate software loaded, configured, and interfaced.

Although I will continue to work on the Heath twins transmitter and receiver, it appears from an internet search that the problem with the TS-450S HF transmitter may not be that difficult to trace and fix (famous last words, eh?!).  Anyhow, I will probably take a look at that next week to see why the synthesizers are giving us problems.

Have a good weekend and football game.  Please use the repeaters when you can.

73

John...
WB4LNM