[K4RY] Meeting Thursday around noon

wb4lnm at aol.com wb4lnm at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 22:29:39 CST 2010

I will be on campus around lunchtime on Thursday and the Club room will be open.  Weather is supposed to be good, and I'd like to put up a 75 meter antenna on the roof if possible and we can find Joe Haggarty to let us up there.

Not sure at the moment how we can attach that to the unterminated feedline that is up there, but we can probably find a way.  Connections are pretty forgiving at 3.9 MHz.  Even an open air splice from coaxial cable to the hardline will probably work for a while.  Having the ability to operate on 75 meters during the SEC special event would be good.  We can always improve things later when we get the proper connectors for the hard line.

I'll bring my climbing belt for the tower, but someone else may need to go up to tie things off - I'm not sure my waist can fit in the belt anymore!

73

John...
WB4LNM