[K4RY] AUARC: SB-301 Receiver rehabilitated and aligned - sounds good!

WB4LNM at aol.com WB4LNM at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 20:09:56 CST 2010

All;

The Club's Heathkit SB-301 receiver sounds like new!

I've just finished putting new power supply capacitors in it, hunted down
some audio hum and fixed it, replaced a few tubes with new ones, and aligned
it  according to the manual.

As I type this, the receiver is sitting on 75 meter SSB and sounding really
 good, picking up stations all around the southeast.  The audio is crisp
and  clear, and the sensitivity seems very good.

On to the matching Heathkit SB-401 transmitter.  It will get the same
capacitor treatment and then a tuneup.  Physically, the transmitter looks  in a
lot better shape than the receiver.  As soon as I am done, these will  go
back to the K4RY shack in Broun Hall 411.

Questions?  Please drop me a line here on email.  Hope to see you  soon.  73

John...
WB4LNM