[K4RY] K4RY: MFJ purchases Cushcraft

WB4LNM at aol.com WB4LNM at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 00:58:16 CDT 2009

MFJ Acquires  Cushcraft (Aug 7, 2009)  -- On August 7, _MFJ Enterprises_
(http://www.mfjenterprises.com/)  announced they had purchased the  Cushcraft
Amateur Radio antennas product line from Missouri-based _Laird Technologies_
(http://www.lairdtech.com/)  effective July 31. According to MFJ,
Cushcraft -- makers of HF/VHF/UHF vertical, beam and Yagi antennas for the  Amateur
Radio community -- will continue to be manufactured in Manchester, New
Hampshire. "We are excited to have the Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antennas product
line alongside our other five companies," said Martin F. Jue, President and
 founder of MFJ Enterprises, Inc. "This product line increases our ability
to  offer our customers a wide range of antenna options at different prices.
 Customers will be able to choose from Cushcraft Amateur Radio antennas,
Hy-gain  and MFJ antennas through one source." MFJ purchased Hy-gain in 2000
the company  also owns Ameritron, Mirage and Vectronics. Jue said that the
Cushcraft line  will bring more than 50 new products to MFJ's Amateur Radio
product line. "We  will add more new products to this antenna line and will
continue the Cushcraft  Amateur Radio antennas name long into the future.
Cushcraft Amateur Radio  antenna product customers will appreciate the continued
and expected top-quality  manufacturing of this product in New Hampshire
and the MFJ commitment to superb  after-the-sale service and tech support in
Mississippi," said Jue. The 120 page  2010 MFJ catalog will include the
entire Cushcraft Amateur Radio antennas  product line. MFJ has set up a special
customer support line -- 662-323-5803 --  to handle Cushcraft antenna product
technical support, parts requests and  customer services.