[Veritas-bu] Any gotchas with 10 GB Ethernet?

Shekel Tal Tal.Shekel at uk.fujitsu.com
Sat Feb 20 16:34:03 CST 2010

I haven't followed the whole thread so excuse me if my message isn't
relevant but I read in a performance tuning guide you should set your
NET_BUFFER_SZ to 4 times the size of your SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS

Also - not mandatory but recommended to match the client and media
server network buffers

The feature is very useful for high latency lan/wan links where you will
definitely see a difference. I have also used and tested it with jumbo
frames which yielded significantly improved results (although jumbo
frames on their own will make a big difference)