[Veritas-bu] Oracle Linux and BMR

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Feb 9 12:50:24 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Wilcox, Donald A (GE, Research) <
wilcox at ge.com> wrote:

>    I have recently had an issue with BMR for Oracle Linux.  The BMR
> portion of the backup will fail.  I was told by Symantec that if I changed
> the /etc/release file to something other that oracle linux it would fix the
> issue.  It did work after changing the file.  My question is, is this issue
> being seen by anyone else and if so, how did you deal with it.  Is is going
> to be fixed in NBU 7?

According to the client compatibility list, Oracle Linux is not supported as
either a client nor as a BMR client.  A bunch of different Linuxes are on
the list but Oracle isn't one of them.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/337048.pdf

   .../Ed