[Veritas-bu] Any ACSLS experts in the house?

David McMullin David.McMullin at CBC-Companies.com
Tue Feb 9 07:11:08 CST 2010

Justin -

You should look at your storage units and drives. I set mine up in vertical lines, do you have highly used storage units all in the top LSM?

I did a Google search and found this link:
https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/FIOgroup/FreeCellsBalancer

I will just shut up and let you read this well written document.

------------------------------

Message: 16
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:17:23 -0500 (EST)
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com>
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Any ACSLS experts in the house?
To: VERITAS-BU at MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU

Hi,

I opened a case with Oracle but thought I would ask here.

If you have an SL8500, it has 4 LSMs.

Example:

1 (2500 slot/filled)
2 (2500 slot/filled)
3 10 tapes
4 10 tapes

If you have LSMs 1,2 filled to capacity.
When the robot does its audit after maintenance (opening doors) the robots
in LSMs 3,4 will finish auditing quickly.  Then its another ~1-1.5hrs for
LSMs 1,2.

If they were all equal it would cut audit times dramatically.

Has anyone written a script or have documentation on balancing tapes
between the LSMs?

The firmware at least of 4.14 does not seem to do this for you.

Justin.