[Veritas-bu] NetBackup & Blat

tim burlowski tim.burlowski at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:47:09 CST 2010

We have heard from customers that they would like us to remove our
requirement that you install a third party tool like blat in order to
have NetBackup send mail on Windows.

In fact this improvement is the third most popular idea for NetBackup
on our Ideas portal,
http://www.symantec.com/connect/idea/mail-notification .

So we're looking at it and I have a question. The nbmail.cmd script is
used by NetBackup processes to send mail from NetBackup. Do you use
nbmail.cmd from other scripts you have written for backup & recovery
operations? What do these scripts do?

You can reply to the list or if you prefer feel free to email me directly.

Thanks for your feedback. If you have more ideas for improvements to
NetBackup be sure and add them to the Ideas portal
http://www.symantec.com/connect/ideas

--
tim burlowski
Product Manager