[Veritas-bu] Backup Audit script...

Mark.Donaldson@cexp.com Mark.Donaldson at cexp.com
Tue Mar 29 16:21:58 CST 2005

So you want a script that says on what day a backup runs?

It's no so easy to generate.  It's really a function of when the window is
open AND the frequency of the backup.  My archived-redo backups are 7x24
windows (with a few 1x168's I think) and a two-hour frequency.  It runs 12
times a day based on this window.  Still others have two open windows per
week but the frequency keeps it to running only once per week (unless
there's a backup failure the first attempt).  I call these "second chance"
schedules.

You might just print the policy for them:

  bppllist <policy_name> -U

... or, perhaps, all policies for a given client:

  bppllist -byclient <clientname> -U

and the schedule windows & frequency are there:

  Schedule:          Incr
    Type:            Differential Incremental Backup
    Frequency:       every 1 day
    Maximum MPX:     4
    Synthetic:       0
    PFI Recovery:    0
    Retention Level: 4 (2 months)
    Number Copies:   1
    Fail on Error:   0
    Residence:       (specific storage unit not required)
    Volume Pool:     (same as policy volume pool)
    Daily Windows:
          Sunday     04:00:00  -->  Sunday     16:00:00
          Monday     04:00:00  -->  Monday     16:00:00
          Tuesday    04:00:00  -->  Tuesday    16:00:00
          Wednesday  04:00:00  -->  Wednesday  16:00:00
          Thursday   04:00:00  -->  Thursday   16:00:00
          Saturday   04:00:00  -->  Saturday   16:00:00

...It's a start.  Other than that, if you've got different ideas, lots of
things are possible but you'll have to detail your question a little more.

-M