[Veritas-bu] Media question

Tim Berger tim.berger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:29:55 CST 2005

You might have to do some work to make this function with active perl
or a cygwin environment, but I have a perl script that will show a
frequency distribution.

If you don't want to try to make this work on windows, then capture
the output from bpmedialist -mlist -l, copy this to a solaris or linux
box, and edit my scripts to take your media list file as input.

If you are not familiar with perl or unix systems, just manully
inspect the output of bpmedialist -mlist -U

For 50GB AIT2, this isn't too bad:
% ./histogram.pl
2929 in use
2388 full, 245 frozen, 1 suspended