[Veritas-bu] Remote NDMP to master (5.1) server - dedicated drive needed?

Paul Keating pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca
Mon Mar 28 12:20:06 CST 2005

Seems to me the OP was specifying backups of TCP/IP to a drive attached
to the backup server.
By TCP/IP, I take this to mean, via a mount, and NOT NDMP......in this
case, a dedicated drive wouldn't be necessary, as it would be backed up
as a filesystem more or less local to the backup server....for true NDMP
backups (drive attachedto NetApp) then a separate drive WOULD be
required.

Paul