[Veritas-bu] Patching

Doug Bell dbell at perfectorder.com
Wed Mar 23 14:48:20 CST 2005

In my experience, you can have an upgraded server without an upgraded client.
No full guarantees with Windows clients, however.  I have run NBU 5.0 with
4.5 clients on Solaris, Linux, and Windows  (Not by my desire, it ended up
that way).  The only problems I ran into were with a few Windows clients.

From all I've seen you cannot run an upgraded client without an upgraded
server.  That seems to be a bad combination.