[Veritas-bu] status 89 out of the blue

Dave Markham dave.markham at fjserv.net
Wed Mar 23 05:16:19 CST 2005

Has anyone seens a status 89 unable to setup shared memoty all of a
sudden out of the blue when no changes have been made?

Im running netbackup 5.0mp3 master/media and then 2 extra media servers.
The 2 media servers are database servers also and have there own disk
storage. I am running an L700 with 5 tape drives LTO2 utilizxing SSO.
The media server 2 ( the one in question now showing this error ) has
been working fine for 2 months. There are no other errors for clients or
the other media servers.

All of this is on solaris 9

I have the following tuneable paramets in /etc/system

set msgssys:msginfo_msgmap=512
set msgssys:msginfo_msgmax=8192
set msgssys:msginfo_msgmnb=65536
set msgssys:msginfo_msgssz=16