[Veritas-bu] Compaq Blade Servers

Chewning.Bruce Bruce.Chewning at suntrust.com
Mon Mar 21 12:24:28 CST 2005

We have been using Compaq Blade servers as Media servers in a SSO
environment and believe the integrated HBA's (w/ qlogic chip set) may be
the source of our grief (loosing tape drives, then finding them again
with a different index/path). The Blade servers are running Win2000 and
the NetBackup ver is 4.5. Each HBA has it's own zone in the SAN and can
not see other HBA's and only the tape drives in it's zone. "Persistent
Binding" is set on all the HBA's using a custom SANserfer utility we
were provided by HP that allows us to use persistent binding, but we
still have this problem.
We went to Veritas and HP to ask If they had anyone who is using the
Compaq Blade servers as Media servers with SAN attached tape drives.
They could not find any customers using this configuration.
My question is... Is anyone out there using Compaq Blade servers as
NetBackup Media servers or even tested this configuration?
G.Bruce Chewning
The information transmitted is intended solely
for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking action
in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer. [ST:A234]