[Veritas-bu] Cannot connect to

Patrick Whelan Patrick.Whelan at lchclearnet.com
Fri Mar 18 04:13:03 CST 2005

Please read the disclaimer at the bottom of this e-mail.

All,

I have added a Solaris media server to my configuration of 3 Windoze media servers and a Windoze master server. When I try to connect to clients (any kind) that does not have the UNIX media server in its host file (all the others are NOT in there as well) I get the "Cannot connect to xxxx" message. The Sun box has three interfaces with the one I'm interested in being defined as the REQUIRED_INTERFACE. The above error occurs when executing an bpdir command, but can occur with others, its just easier to use bpdir. Has anyone seen this or have a clue as to what is going on.?

Regards,

Patrick Whelan
Enterprise Systems Support (NetBackup)
LCHClearnet
+44 20 7426 7624
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley

This email is intended for the named recipient(s) only. Its contents
are  confidential and may only be retained by the named recipient(s)
and may only be copied or  disclosed  with the consent of
LCH.Clearnet Limited.   If you are not an intended recipient please
delete this e-mail and notify postmaster at lchclearnet.com.

The contents  of this  email are  subject to  contract in all cases,
and LCH.Clearnet Limited makes no contractual commitment save where
confirmed by hard copy.  LCH.Clearnet Limited accepts no liability,
including liability for negligence, in respect of any statement in
this email.

LCH.Clearnet Limited, Registered Office: Aldgate House,
33 Aldgate High Street, London EC3N 1EA.    Recognised as a Clearing
House under the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000. Reg in England No.25932
Telephone: +44 20 7426 7000              Internet: http://www.lchclearnet.com