[Veritas-bu] NB script that show size of data backed up

carrd@ijet.com carrd at ijet.com
Thu Mar 17 11:44:10 CST 2005

Thank you Mark for sharing your script.

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-admin at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-admin at mailman.eng.auburn.edu]On Behalf Of
Mark.Donaldson at cexp.com
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:05 PM
To: veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] NB script that show size of data backed up

There's been some interest in this but the posting, thanks to Exchange,
wraps poorly.  Here's two scripts as attachments.  The first is the script
below, with a minor variation to print KB, MB, & GB as appropriate.  I just
threw this together as a response to the posting.

The second, larger script is my more comprehensive daily script.  It
defaults to 24 hours but will accept a number of hours to report as a
command-line parameter. It has three sections, backup totals for the entire
period, then per client totals with policies broken out below each client
total.  Finally, there's a policy totals section for those who have many
clients per policy.

Just change the MAILADDR variable in the big script to what you want.  I run
it daily by cron, 24-hour reporting daily with a 72-hour report on Monday
morning to give me the weekend totals.

Good luck!

-M