[Veritas-bu] NB script that show size of data backed up

carrd@ijet.com carrd at ijet.com
Wed Mar 16 14:42:30 CST 2005

I was just looking for a daily tally.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Wilts [mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 3:41 PM
To: David Carr
Cc: veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NB script that show size of data backed up

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 02:44:13PM -0500, carrd at ijet.com wrote:
> I am looking for a script that shows the size of the data backed up per client. We are using NetBackup 4.5 on Solaris master with Windows, Linux and Solaris clients.

NetBackup does a pretty poor job of reporting out of the box, and
depending on what kind of time period you're looking at, it won't do it
at all.

We went with a 3rd party reporting product that gives us excellent
reporting functionality over wide user-defined time periods.  Management
loves the pretty pictures and techies love looking at the raw growth
numbers (grouped by whatever whatever you want/need).

http://www.aptare.com

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA