[Veritas-bu] NB5.0MP3 on Sol8 with Win2003 clients.. backups stalling - FIXED (for me at least)

Paul Keating pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca
Mon Mar 14 07:25:42 CST 2005

I was under the impression that clients should be added there when there
is an exception to that standard. (Standard being non-firewalled, and
using VSP)

I don't think it's necessarily "a good idea" TM, to have all clients
added by default.
(I know I have no reason to have them all in there.)

> After running this, VSP is now disabled on all of my clients
> and backups
> no longer hung or slowed down!

And you no longer backup any open files.
In my environment, I would prefer capturing open files when the backups
do run, and occasionally not have a backup at all(when it hangs) rather
than never catching open files.

I hope you haven't shot yourself in the foot.

Cheers,
Paul