[Veritas-bu] NBU client corrupting HP Network files?

Paul Keating pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca
Thu Mar 10 12:02:49 CST 2005

We've got a lot of HP DL380 boxes here, which haven't been a problem,
ofr the most part.
One of the Windows guys just brought to my attention a little bug.
He's building machines for a new application that is being deployed and
when he double clicks the icon labelled "HP Network", either in the
system tray or in the control panel, he was getting an error referrring
to "invalid data in XML file".
He reimaged the machine, and it was fine...then installed the NBU
client, and got the error again.

Seems to be happening reliably, during hte NBU install.

Anyone ever seen something like this?

It's happening repeatedly and reliably on a couple boxes, though we've
got dozens in production without this problem.

Paul