[Veritas-bu] unexpire an expired image

Eric Ljungblad Eric.Ljungblad at CopleyPress.com
Wed Mar 9 02:27:53 CST 2005

 May freeze the tape, an un-expire would be nice,
some-one should know?

The best way to preven this other than proper retention
is to backup your catalog's and send them off-site with
tapes, but during retores to an alnernate backup system
change the date and time to years before expiration, ha,
gets it back.

Importing media does work but the image might   expire before
the restore windows -  Never change your master /media server
times and dates - use mmc to prevent time change  always.

-----Original Message-----
From: dante sparda
To: veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Sent: 3/8/2005 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] unexpire an expired image

Thanks for the replies. I was also RTFM and came
across the bpimport command. I'll give it a try.

Thanks again,
Dante

--- Daniel Lupton <LuptonD at starcity.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can import the tape and this should allow you to
> access the image and
> this is supposed to work.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel Lupton

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---|
> |  Daniel Lupton | Enterprise Systems and Security
> Administrator | Tabcorp |
> |      Technical Services - Star City | Email:
> LuptonD at starcity.com.au     |
> |                       Ext: 7651 | Phone: 9657 7651
> |              80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont, NSW 2009,
> Australia             |
> |                            Star City | Tabcorp

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---|

_______

> This document should only be read by those persons
> to whom it is addressed
> and is not intended to be relied upon by any other
> person. Accordingly,
> Star City disclaims all responsibility and accepts
> no liability (including
> in negligence) for the consequences for any other
> person acting, or
> refraining from acting, on such information prior to
> the receipt by those
> persons of subsequent written confirmation.
>
> If you have received this document in error, please
> notify our Helpdesk
> immediately by telephone on 61 2 9657 9797. Please
> also destroy and delete
> the document from your computer.
>
> Copyright Star City Pty Ltd. Any form of
> reproduction, dissemination,
> copying, disclosure, modification, distribution
> and/or publication of this
> document and its contents is strictly prohibited.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu