[Veritas-bu] Read an NDMP image with tar?

Jerry juanino at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 11:00:05 CST 2005

If the resulting file is just in dump format, with
NDMP only being used for transmission, I suppose you
could use dd to get the file off the tape and use dump
to read it. maybe.

Or maybe you could install an ndmp client on the
destination machine: http://www.ndmp.org/download/

Either way, let me know if you end up testing either
idea, as I would be interested myself.  I sometimes
have large backup sets I want to restore to a
non-netapp machine.

--- "MacKinnon, G. R. (Gregory)" <gmackinn at ford.com>