[Veritas-bu] 4.5mp6 Not all filesystems are backed up

Sung Y Lee sunglee at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 8 08:03:26 CST 2005

Not sure if this situation applies to you. .
When using all local drives, in the activity log I have seen what appears
to be error messages saying like this is not a root file skipping.
If you examine closely anything that is not "/" will display this message,
but this is just warning message.

Could this be your case?  Have you verified that you really backing up only
/ ?

Sung Y. Lee

             "Diaz, Gustavo"
             <gdiaz at hprmail.co
             Sent by:                  veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
             veritas-bu-admin@                                          cc
             mailman.eng.aubur
             n.edu                                                 Subject
                                       [Veritas-bu] 4.5mp6 Not all
                                       filesystems are backed up
             03/07/2005 11:45
             AM

We just upgraded from 3.4.1 to 4.5mp6. Everything seems to work just fine
except on our Unix serves. We have a Windows 2000 master/media server and a
bunch of Solaris servers. Prior to the upgrade we used the “all local
drives” directive which got all the filesystems on our Solaris boxes. After
the upgrade only the root filesystem seems to be backed up. I don’t see any
other directive. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gus Diaz