[Veritas-bu] RMAN Cold backup failure

KBosma@rdw.nl KBosma at rdw.nl
Tue Mar 8 00:35:14 CST 2005

Dear Shyam,

Is this the result of a scheduler initiated backup?
If not, this could be because your Oracle machine is not registered as a
server within NetBackup. Also make sure a normal (automatic) schedule
exists within your Oracle policy in addition to the application backup
schedule.

Remember that a RMAN managed backup is actually a client initiated
backup. Therefore the Oracle server should be registered as a server on
all Media managers you want to use for backupping the Oracle server.

Hope this helps!

Kaspar Bosma