[Ncame-students] Fatigue testing of NASA specimens

Arun Poudel azp0131 at auburn.edu
Thu Jun 24 09:20:06 CDT 2021

Dear all,

As per WMTR, the surface finish of the fatigue specimens used in the NASA projects has an average roughness (i.e., Ra) of 0.2 µm.

We can also achieve this by using our hand polishing technique. So, it is highly recommended to polish all the NASA specimens for which we are planning to generate HCF curves here at Auburn.

Thank you

Sincerely,

Arun Poudel
Graduate Research Assistant
National Center for Additive Manufacturing Excellence(N.C.A.M.E)
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Auburn University
334-610-5650
www.eng.auburn.edu/ncame<http://www.eng.auburn.edu/ncame>
[3EA5C4E9]